The Top 10 Reasons To Go To Church
10. It's easier to meet people at a warm, inviting church than through cold confrontation at IKEA.
9. "Church" is the people who meet in the building, not the building itself. We are the church.
8. Churches care about what you care about: We help feed the hungry, clothe the poor, encourage the down-trodden, bring joy to the world.
7. Churches are part of a global movement, not just a local institution. Our church is about accomplishing an incredible worldwide purpose, not about getting as big as possible so our pastors can fly in private jets.
6. Life isn't always going to be rosy, and the church surrounds you with people who will both laugh AND cry with you.
5. You don't have to belong to a certain political party to go to church. Politics are out.
4. There is more science to prove that the Bible is reliable and accurate than there is to prove the theory of evolution is true.
3. The only certainty in life is uncertainty about the future. The church is about a God who equips you to face the future regardless of its outcome.
2. Hollywood, the media, misguided church leaders, and church attendees who don't live or love like Jesus, have done much damage to the reputation of the church. You're most likely in for a huge surprise when you see the contrast between the true church and its many counterfeits.
1. The church isn't perfect. No matter who you are, what you believe, or what you've done, you will fit in, because we all struggle with sin and find ourselves in need of God's love and forgiveness. No perfect people allowed.